I don't know if it is the coffee or the Holy Spirit...but I am jacked for what God is about to do in people's lives this weekend in Raleigh! I have never seen a movement of God like what has happened in the last three weeks at our church! He has taken a group of ordinary Christians and turned them into a group of missionaries to our city! We have seen 12,000 personal, face to face invitations to Easter made...and we are still counting! People at Starting Point are filled with urgency to be a church home for the 300,000 people in Raleigh who don't have a spiritual family or relationship with Jesus Christ.
So why the big deal about Easter?? Easter is a time when people are probably the most open to coming to church. It presents a unique opportunity for them to experience the Power of Easter. We believe they can experience the same power that raised Jesus Christ from the dead, in their own life this Sunday. We believe that just as Jesus was raised from the dead, he can give them NEW LIFE this Sunday. We believe that this Sunday could change the eternities of hundreds of people in our City!
In light of the opportunity of Easter, we are asking you to join us in URGENT prayer! Please pray for these six things...
1. Our church family to leave it all on the line as we do EVERYTHING humanly possible to get people to come to Easter.
2. Our staff team as we prepare all of the details for Good Friday & Easter services. For us to be able to able to CLEARLY present the good new of Jesus in a compelling way without any distractions.
3. God to PROTECT our church as Satan is doing everything he can to try to stop people from coming to know Christ.
4. Our finances, we need a very generous offering this weekend to be able to make budget for April and have a chance at moving forward with the Gospel to Apex this fall. - God to put it on people's hearts to come this weekend.
5. God to open people's eyes when they get there to their need for Jesus.
6. God to give NEW LIFE to hundreds of people! We are specifically praying for 100 people to be baptized this Sunday...big scary prayer...but we believe in a BIG GOD!